How to play, strategies, etc...

New player Question

no avatar
User

Jemal

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:40 am

New player Question

by Jemal » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Hey all, I used to play Space: GTC a lot, and just recently found out about this game and it does look like a decent 'successor', but I have a big concern.. I noticed a few of the things you can do with these 'diamonds', and that they can be purchased for real money.. Can someone explain to me how that isn't 'pay to win'?
no avatar
User

soteff

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: New player Question

by soteff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:36 am

Hi Jemal,

There are limits on how you can use these premium features. Alliances, diplomacy, ships design are more important than what you can buy. I think that the players can agree with that. If they don't we should make a change in that direction.

Diyan
no avatar
User

Clom

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:47 am

Re: New player Question

by Clom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 pm

Personally I would rather have a small on-screen ad box over the sale of diamonds for you to make revenue. Don't need to remove diamonds altogether just limit them by not selling them, ie. still get the initial diamonds and diamonds from rewards but that is all you get. They are not a major game changer but do influence the game. A player would have to ask himself "Do I spend my diamonds early or save them to help with the end game?". The ability to spend cash on more diamonds does give those with money an advantage and as small as that may be it is enough to influence the outcome of a gal. People that play this game check in often and the screen refreshes many times each time they do check in. Am not sure how the ad companies calculate revenue but assume that the website owner gets a tiny amount of money per ad view and a little bit more per ad click. With a more balanced game with no pay to win option more players will play, more players playing will see more ads viewed, being a game that people grow to love you can ask your players to click on ads to help support the games future, I for one would click a lot. Don't know if the ad companies would allow it but you could even measure a players ad clicks and offer 5 diamonds per hundred clicks or something like that.